If you follow me on Twitter, you’re probably familiar with the fact that I usually spend most of my week looking forward to Friday. Once Friday gets here, I’m always excited. For some reason I don’t even care that I have to work that day, I’m just glad the weekend is finally here! I honestly can’t even remember the last time I was in a bad mood on a Friday!
Saturday is good, but for some reason there’s just always so much excitement surrounding Fridays. It’s what we look forward to, and that anticipation is often what drives us to go on and power through the week. Not to mention, once you get through work on Friday, you can rest easy knowing that the next couple of days belong to YOU!
If you’re anything like me and you love Fridays too, here are a few facts that you might not have known about our favorite day of the week:
- In the US it’s common to hear people say “TGIF” which means “Thank God/Goodness Its Friday!”
- The name “Friday” originates from the Norse goddess Freya. The day was devoted to the goddess of fertility, Freya – Freitag – Friday.
- If you are scared of Friday the 13th, you may have paraskavedekatriaphobia. That is the scientific term for your fear.
- Friday the 13th is very costly for society – according to research by psychologists, America loses money every time it occurs as a result of productivity decline.
- In maritime circles, it has long been considered unlucky to begin a voyage on a Friday.
- 90% of US companies have a “Casual Friday” dress code. Clothing is not optional, but is less formal than on other days.
- In Thailand, the color blue is associated with Fridays.
So whether you’re looking forward to or celebrating Friday, HAPPY FRIDAY-ING!