Wednesdays are frequently thought of as the most pointless day of the week. However, they mark the halfway point between last weekend and this weekend, so they can’t be that bad.
So maybe Wednesdays get a bad rap.
Just in case you’re not quite convinced yet, here are just a few of the very interesting facts that I have been able to gather about Wednesdays:
- Wednesday is named after Woden, the most important God in the German pantheon, often identified with the Norse God Odin. Woden and Odin are also associated with the Roman god Mercury, which is why the French call Wednesday Mercredi and the Spanish Miercoles.
- According to research by a tanning company, women look oldest at 3.30pm on Wednesdays. (I was unaware that tanning companies did a lot of research, but hey!)
- A recent survey in the US reported that bosses are most receptive to requests on a Wednesday. (PUT IN ALL THE REQUESTS!!!)
- The daughter in the Addams Family is called Wednesday Addams. Charles Addams said he chose the name because “Wednesday’s child is full of woe”.
- Wednesday may be the middle of the week, but if you’ve come this far you can certainly make it to the weekend! (okay, not much of a fact, but I sure believe in it!)
So enjoy your Wednesday and it’ll be the weekend before you know it! :)