I’ve written a bit about introverts here in the past and have consistently had readers say that they really appreciate that society is slowly but surely coming to understand the divide between introverts and extroverts (&, of course, those who fall somewhere in between.)
For right now, we will focus introverts and how they function differently (later we will focus on extroverts, so don’t feel left out if you can’t really relate) and hopefully it will help you to better understand yourself and/or those introverts within your own life.
10 Interesting Facts About Introverts
01. Being an introvert has nothing to do with shyness, nor does it imply that they are afraid of interacting with others. What it does mean is that introverts often do not interact simply for the sake of interacting.
02. Introverts do not tend to have tons of friends. Instead, they intensely value their close friends. If you have an introvert friend, you probably have an ally for life.
03. Recharging is important to introverted individuals. Rather that going out all of the time, they place a high value on quiet and restful time so that they can feel refreshed and prepared.
04. Those who are introverted do not necessarily want to be alone all the time. However, they do tend to be more comfortable with their own thoughts than others.
05. Introverts generally prefer to be valued for what they can bring to the table as an individual rather than how well they fit in with a group. Because they prefer to think for themselves, they seldom are left to follow what is thought of as popular.
06. Introverts cannot be expected to “become” extroverts. They simply have a different temperament and manner of handling things. Sometimes the best solutions come from having a combination of the two personality types.
07. Introverted people are usually very good observers. Because they recognize that sometimes it’s best to be quiet and observe, they often notice small details in things that others might not notice.
08. Many introverts have been known to thrive in the online world. This is not because they are nerdy or weird, but because this manner of communication allows for more of a chance to think through what is being said.
09. Not all introverts will be easy to spot. While most will be more quiet and reserved, this is not necessarily how they are distinguished. Instead, while extroverts gain fulfillment from the outside world, introverts gain fulfillment by seeking within themselves.
10. Introverts, even though they are good listeners by nature, still need someone to talk to. If you are an introvert, don’t feel that you should bottle things up inside of yourself. Alternatively, if you know an introvert don’t forget to listen to them as well. They’ll be there to listen to you when you need them.